Is the GRE required for Admissions?
- Yes, the GRE is required.
Do you accept the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam?
- No, we do not consider the FE for admissions purposes.
Is my application competitive?
- Unfortunately, due to high volume of requests, we cannot evaluate your application on-demand. Applications will be reviewed within 60 to 90 days following the priority deadline. The Applicant Profile page may provide some insight into the competitiveness of your application.
What is the cost of attendance?
- Current tuition and fee rates for on-campus students may be found here.
- Current tuition and fee rates for EDGE (online) students may be found here.
I have been invited to attend Virtual Spring Visit, how do I attend?
- Virtual Spring Visit is held fully online. You will need access to a computer or other video conferencing capable device and a high speed internet connection. Full details will be sent prior to the event.
What if I cannot attend Virtual Spring Visit?
- Virtual Spring Visit is optional. Attending this visit does not affect your application for admission.
How many credits is the MS? Is a thesis required?
- The Master of Science program is 30 credits. 17/30 credits must be from the MAE department; the remaining 13/30 may come from in department or out-of-department pending departmental approval.
- Students may select thesis or non-thesis. During the final semester, students either complete a thesis or take the MS final exam.
Is financial aid available for this program?
- The department cannot advise or assist regarding financial aid. Some federal aid may be available. Contact the Office for Student Financial Affairs for more details.
Who may I contact for more information about my admission status, or about the program?
- Please contact GradAdmissions@mae.ufl.edu for any graduate admissions related questions.