Due to current admission examination testing difficulties amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, in sync with the UF Graduate School, has made the GRE optional for applicants seeking Fall 2020, Spring 2021, or Fall 2021 admission. This temporary emergency waiver applies only to admission for those three semesters.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or a closely related STEM discipline from an ABET accredited program
- A clear “Statement of Purpose” indicating goals to be achieved in specific area(s) of study
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation. An applicant who has completed their Master’s degree with thesis option in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at UF must provide written recommendation from their master’s degree supervisory committee
- International applicants only: IELTS with a minimum score of 6, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 80 (internet based) or 550 (paper test), with some exemptions
- Upper-division undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher
Master’s GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Optional: GRE® with a minimum combined GRE® score of 301 with minimum scores of 155 Quantitative and 140 Verbal.
- Due to our large volume of applicants, satisfaction of the minimum requirements does not guarantee review of application materials or admission to our graduate program. See the Average Applicant Profile page for guidance.