The MAE Facilities Team is responsible for maintenance, repairs, renovations, improvements, and signage of Departmental buildings and facilities. We manage the security of buildings and rooms through distribution of keys, codes, and card reader access; and track and account for all incoming and outgoing departmental assets.
Facilities Request Form – General interior and exterior facilities requests (ex. lights out, move furniture, temperature adjustment, surplus pick up, etc.) and building and room access
Shipping and Receiving
Official Mailing Address for shipping and receiving:
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Department
University of Florida
Room 134, Building MAE-C
571 Gale Lemerand Drive
Gainesville, FL 32611
To request FedEx shipping label, please complete the online request form.
Building and Room Access Information
Outside Access to Buildings
The outside doors work on a card swipe system using your GatorOne card. You MUST have a GatorOne card in order to use the card swipe system. Access to the buildings require approval by your Professor and is granted to only those buildings that you have a valid need to access.
Inside Access to Research Labs
All research labs have keypads for keyless access. Access to research labs require approval by the Professor responsible for that lab. One Professor cannot approve access to another Professor’s research area or office. Access is given for only the rooms you need access to. Each person is issued a unique code. Do not share your code with others. You are responsible for the security of your code. Codes will be revoked if proper security and safety procedures are not followed. Access is deactivated upon your departure or graduation.
- Keys to buildings and rooms are issued on a very limited basis. All keys remain the property of the University of Florida, are NOT to be duplicated and must be returned to the Facilities Office on your departure. You are responsible for the security of any keys issued to you.
For immediate assistance please contact:
- Facilities Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Preston (133 MAE-C): Office: 352-392-3101 Cell: 352-514-2869
- Andrew Evans (133 MAE-C): Office: 352-294-3390
- Sonya Clements (231 MAE-A): Office: 352-392-7591
- Melanie DeProspero (228 MAE-A): Office: 352-294-1191 Cell: 352-317-2705