The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering has established a prototyping facility in room 313 of the MAE-B building. Available equipment includes:
- three Stratasys Dimension F370 additive rapid prototype machines
- one Stratasys Dimension 1200es additive rapid prototype machine
- one Fortus 360mc additive rapid prototype machine
- one Roland MDX-540 subtractive rapid prototype machine
- one Keyence XM-1000 Coordinte Measurement Machine
- one Next Engine 3-D scanner
The additive machines can produce parts made of ABS plastic or PC-ABS. The subtractive machines can produce parts from plastics, wood, or aluminum.