The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department (MAE) at the University of Florida values broad diversity in its community and is committed to anti-discriminatory practices through empowerment and inclusion of all individuals and/or groups.
MAE’s IDEA Committee
The IDEA committee works to facilitate a stronger and more inclusive community by focusing on initiatives and events that recognize, engage, and benefit the MAE community across our Department’s many types of diversity, including (but not limited to): race, ethnicity, age, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, educational background, and (dis)ability.
- Violations of the honor and student conduct code can be reported to the Dean of Students Office at https://sccr.dso.ufl.edu/policies/student-honor-code-student-conduct-code/.
- A bias incident or hate crime can be reported to the UF Respect Team at https://respect.ufsa.ufl.edu.
- Departmental Concerns please email the MAE IDEA Committee (email@example.com) or the MAE Department Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Inclusive Excellence is the active process of including and respecting everyone as we strive for excellence and equitable outcomes in all we do at the University of Florida. Daily actions toward Inclusive Excellence are the responsibility of every one of us.
ABCs of fostering Inclusive Excellence at UF:
- Advocate for everyone’s success.
- Be an ally to others as you partner with your colleagues on DEI work.
- Celebrate your successes!
A listing of upcoming events which broadly fit into efforts at creating an inclusive and diverse community at MAE can be found here as well as in the MAE Department calendar (https://mae.ufl.edu/).
If you have questions, suggestions or concerns, you may email any of us individually, or email the committee chair at email@example.com and they will bring it to the committee.