Welcome to Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) at the University of Florida is the largest academic program on campus, by student enrollment. Our Mechanical Engineering program celebrated its 100 year anniversary in 2009 and is one of the founding departments of the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering. Now more than a decade beyond the successful merger of the mechanical and aerospace programs, MAE remains a vibrant and intellectually diverse program at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
MAE Quick Facts
- 55 full-time faculty members (51 tenured/tenure-track)
- 1,600+ undergraduate students
- 450+ graduate students, including more than 200 PhD students
- More than a dozen students groups
- Program rankings: ME is #17 and AE is #16 among public universities (US News & World Reports, 2014, Graduate programs)
In this Section we provide an overview of MAE’s history, vision and mission along with some facts about UF’s largest department, our accreditation, and our Advisory Board.
Thank you for your interest in Gator Engineering!