Dr. Eric DuMAE Affiliate Faculty / Associate Professor in Civil and Coastal Engineering
Dr. Eric Jing Du is an associate professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, and MAE’s affiliate and graduate faculty. Before joining University of Florida in January 2019, he was a faculty member at Texas A&M University, and a senior production analyst at Zachry Industrial in San Antonio, TX. His primary area of research is human-robot collaboration for complex industrial operations. His ongoing projects involve the use of Mixed Reality and haptic stimulation to enhance physical embodiment in robot teleoperation. With his colleagues, Dr.Du has secured more than $12 million in federal funding from National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), with more than $5 million directly attributed to him. Dr. Du has published more than 130 referred journal and conference papers, including several best paper awards from high impact journals. Dr.Du is the elected Secretary of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Visualization, Information Modeling and Simulation (VIMS) committee, and serves on the editorial board of three journals. Dr.Du received his PhD degree in construction engineering from Michigan State University (2012), master’s degree in Enterprise Management (2007) and bachelor degree in Civil Engineering (2004), both from Tianjin University in China.
Michigan State University (2012)
Informatics, robotics, visualization.
Human-robot collaboration, mixed reality, human factors
- Vann, W., Zhou, T., Zhu, Q., & Du, J.* (2023). Enabling automated facility maintenance from articulated robot Collision-Free designs. ELSEVIER Advanced Engineering Informatics, 55, 101820.
- Zhu, Q., Zhou, T., & Du, J.* (2022). Haptics-based force balance controller for tower crane payload sway controls. ELSEVIER Automation in Construction, 144, 104597.
- Xu, F., Xia, P., You, H., & Du, J.* (2022). Robotic Cross-Platform Sensor Fusion and Augmented Visualization for Large Indoor Space Reality Capture. ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 36(6), 04022036.
- Ye, Y., Shi, Y., Srinivasan, D., & Du, J.* (2022). Sensation transfer for immersive exoskeleton motor training: Implications of haptics and viewpoints. ELSEVIER Automation in Construction, 141, 104411.
- Xia, P., Xu, F., Zhou, T., & Du, J.* (2022). Benchmarking Human versus Robot Performance in Emergency Structural Inspection. ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 148(8), 04022070.
- Zhu, Q., Du, J.*, Shi, Y., & Wei, P. (2021). Neurobehavioral assessment of force feedback simulation in industrial robotic teleoperation. ELSEVIER Automation in Construction, 126, 103674.
- Zhu, Q., Zhou, T., & Du, J.* (2022). Upper-body haptic system for snake robot teleoperation in pipelines. ELSEVIER Advanced Engineering Informatics, 51, 101532.