Did You Know?
- The W.E. Rise Mentorship Program was founded in 2021
- Female engineering enrollment is trending upward (MAE 22% female students)
- Research has shown that female engineering students who has an engineer mentor are significantly more likely to remain in engineering
- Funding sources include alumni, corporate sponsors, faculty, staff, UF friends and parents
- Increased membership and sponsorship have resulted in increased opportunities for female engineering students through scholarships, fellowships, mentoring opportunities and increased
- breadth of speaker opportunities
- Mentees have the opportunity to engage with recent graduates, as well as seasoned graduates, from diverse backgrounds and disciplines from around the country