REU Program Dates
The REU Site Engineering for Healthcare will take place from May 27th to August 5th, 2023 at the University of Florida, Gainesville. Application and admission deadlines are shown below. Activities associated with the management, assessment and review of the REU Site will occur throughout the year.
Application and Admission Deadlines
|September||Begin accepting applications to the REU Program|
|October-January||Early admission offers to students that apply as part of UF Junior Preview Rolling admission offers for students with strong faculty match|
|March 1||REU Program application deadline|
|February – March||Complete review of all applications and make final offers for admission|
**Students should apply early as admission and project assignment decisions are made on a rolling basis!
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the REU program:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or permanent resident of the United States
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student leading to a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Have an undergraduate GPA of greater than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Undergraduate students from underrepresented backgrounds in STEM are strongly encouraged to apply. Undergraduate students from academic institutions where opportunities for research are limited are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, complete the online application form. To inquire about the program, students should email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply to the REU Site you will need:
- Basic data about your academic credentials including transcripts
- To rank three projects of interest from the available projects in Engineering for Healthcare
- A very brief personal statement on your interest in the REU Site Engineering for Healthcare
- Two letters of recommendation, or name/contact information for two people that will write letters of recommendation
Students will be assigned to a research project at the time that they are provided a REU admissions offer. We encourage students to contact their Faculty Mentors to ask questions prior to accepting the offer to the REU Program.