REU Program Dates
The REU Site Engineering for Healthcare will take place from May 29th to August 6th, 2021 at the University of Florida, Gainesville. Application and admission deadlines are shown below. Activities associated with the management, assessment and review of the REU Site will occur throughout the year.
Application and Admission Deadlines
|September||Begin accepting applications to the REU Program|
|October-January||Early admission offers to students that apply as part of UF Junior Preview Rolling admission offers for students with strong faculty match|
|February 1||REU Program application deadline|
|February||Complete review all applications and make final offers for admission|
|April 15||Deadline for final cohort|
**Students should apply EARLY as admission and project assignment decisions will be made on a rolling basis!
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the REU program:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or permanent resident of the United States
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student leading to a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Have an undergraduate GPA of greater than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Undergraduate students from underrepresented backgrounds in STEM are strongly encouraged to apply. Undergraduate students from academic institutions where opportunities for research are limited are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Basic data about your academic credentials including transcripts
- To rank three projects of interest from the available projects in Engineering for Healthcare
- An optional (but recommended) 150 research statement on your interest in the REU Site Engineering for Healthcare
- Two letters of recommendation, or name/contact information for two people that will write a letter of recommendation
Students will be assigned to a research project at the time that they are provided a REU admissions offer. We encourage students to contact their Faculty Mentors to ask questions prior to accepting the offer to the REU Program.