Stipend, Housing and Travel Assistance
Each REU Participant will receive:
- A stipend of $5,000 for completion of the 10 week research/training program.
- Paid housing in the Keys Complex on the University of Florida campus plus an $800 meal stipend.
- Up to $500 to cover costs for the REU Participant to travel to/from their home institution.
- Up to $300 to offset costs for the REU Participant to travel to a domestic conference to present their research.
- Up to $200 to offset materials and supplies costs for the REU Participant to conduct research.
Training and Experience
Each REU Participant will participate in:
- Workshops that build research skills and explain research best practices.
- Relevant training on laboratory safety, high performance computing, etc.
- Workshops on effective technical writing and oral communication.
- Informational seminars on fellowships and other post graduate opportunities.