Student activities and organizations are an important part of an engineering education. We strongly encourage our students to get involved in one or more student societies, including our many design and build teams. These are some of the student organizations active in our department and the national chapter links. We encourage all new and current students to browse through and actively participate in them.
- AIAA – American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- ASES – American Solar Energy Society
- ASHRAE – American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air Condition Engineers
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- BMES – Biomedical Engineering Society
- MAE-GSC – Graduate Student Council
- MCAA – Mechanical Contractors Association of America
- Pi Tau Sigma – Honorary Mechanical Engineering Society
- SAE – Society of Automotive Engineers
- Sigma Gamma Tau – National Honor Society in Aerospace Engineering
- SSDC – Space Systems Design Club
To learn more about our MAE chapter activities, click on the side bar for full information. In addition, see the General Engineering tab for College-wide societies.