The Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering admits qualified transfer students who have completed an Associate in Arts degree at a Florida public community or state college. Students seeking admission from other universities or out-of-state schools may be considered for admission on a space available basis. Transfer students are admitted in Fall, Spring, and Summer C terms.
Transfer students who are admitted to UF in other engineering or non-engineering majors are unable to change their major to Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
The following general criteria are used to evaluate students for transfer admission:
- A minimum 2.0 overall GPA (see note below)
- A minimum 2.8 GPA in critical tracking courses
- A grade of C or better in each of the following courses (max of two attempts in each course):
- CHM2045 Chemistry I
- EML2023 Computer Aided Graphics & Design
- (This course is offered at UF and may not be available elsewhere. For Transfer Purposes ONLY, one of these courses CHM2046 or BSC2010 would be acceptable. Students who successfully transfer will be required to take EML2023 their first semester at UF.)
- MAC2311 Analytical Geometry and Calculus I
- MAC2312 Analytical Geometry and Calculus II
- MAC2313 Analytical Geometry and Calculus III
- MAP2302 Differential Equations
- PHY2048 Physics I (with calculus)
- PHY2049 Physics II (with calculus)
Florida Community/State College transfer students must have completed at least 6 of the 8 critical tracking courses when applying to UF and must complete all 8 critical tracking courses as well as the AA degree before the first day of classes at UF. Students that are transferring from outside the state of Florida must have taken equivalent courses to the critical-tracking courses listed above. We encourage community college transfer students to apply during their last semester of study before earning the AA degree.
Important note 1: A major reason why transfer students are not accepted into our program is because they do not follow the above guidelines.
Important note 2: Due to enrollment limitations, meeting these minimum standards does not guarantee admission to the program. The typical GPA for an admitted transfer student is between 3.8 and 4.0.
If you have questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit these links for more information:
UF Admissions — Prospective Transfer Students
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering Transfer Student Requirements