UF Branch Officers:
President – Skyler Levine
Vice President – Mark Itkin
VP of Business and Innovation – Janna Iklaas
Project Manager – Samuel Roshaven
Project Manager – Jack McFarlane
Treasurer – Brody Golden
Prof. John K. Schueller
Founded in 2015, Gatorloop is UF’s entry to the annual SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition. Our team consists of over 50 undergraduate and graduate students who are working to accelerate the advent of hyperloop transportation technologies by building prototype hyperloop pods, conducting research, and engaging in conversations with the community about the future of zero-emissions high-speed transportation.
Our Mission is to foster the growth of our students in order to create the most advanced hyperloop systems in Florida.
Our main Purpose is to serve two functions:
- Continue to build innovative and functional hyperloop pods
- Be a voice for the continued research and implementation of hyperloop technology
The SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition is an annual competiton held by SpaceX HQ in Hawthorne, California. Over 1500 teams compete annually for only 22 Semi-Finalist spots and the chance to race in SpaceX’s hyperloop track in California. This is NOT a pay-to-play competition — only the best get invited to race. This means that our team works incredibly hard each year to create the best designs possible! Check us out – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO0sPME3j2s&t=20s
Research Areas: Mechanical Design, Electrical Design, Software Engineering, Communication Protocol, Sensors & Controls, IoT Research, Systems Engineering, Safety Analysis, Finite Element Analysis, Circuit Design, PCB Development, Business Development
We recruit EE, ME, CE, ECE, ISE, CS, Civil E, and Business students.
- Top 20 teams worldwide in the 2017 SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition (Competition I)
- Top 50 teams worldwide in the 2019 SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition (Competition IV)
- UF Big Idea Competition competitors in 2020
- Invitation to present research at the Hard Tech Fund Symposium 2020