The Benton Engineering Council is a UF Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering society that serves the engineering student body by means of aiding the development of the societies found within the Benton Engineering Council. The BEC serves as the link between engineering students and the bodies which govern them, and advances the name of the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering to UF students and the surrounding community.
A complete list of societies represented by the BEC is provided here.
Societies of interest to MAE students may include:
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- American Association of Blacks in Energy (AABE)
- American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Association of Cuban Student Engineers
- Engineering Ambassadors
- Engineers Without Borders
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Tau Beta Pi (The Engineering Honor Society)